Saturday, October 27, 2012

[Tutorial] Halloween Look II - Horror Doll


O_O *staring at you with big eyes*

Soooo here comes my 2nd Halloween Look Tutorial for you guys.
If you want to see how I transformed into this scaringly staring doll then read on after the jump!


~ Mary ~



This is one of my favourite Halloween themed looks. For some reason I just find that cute, little, innocent dolls can be extremely scary when they suddenly come to life and start haunting you with that blank, dead stare. *shiver*
I wore this look during a Halloween themed show dance performace in which I played/danced a dead doll that came to life in a haunted house.


Anyways, let's get right into the tutorial
and say "Hi" again to my makeup model Alice!


MAKEUP TUTORIAL

STEP 1 - THE FACE


For this look we want hour skin to look as pale and white as porcellain. So firstly you need to conceal every blemish and all red and dark areas on your face with a light concealer. Dolls have a flawless complexion, but since we all have our imperfections we will need to help ourselves with loads of concealer and makeup, right? :P
Then use either white makeup or a very light foundation with full coverage and set everything with translusent loose powder.
Alice already has her white complexion so she'll skip all those steps! :)

Moving on to contour and blush:
All you'll need is a tiny bit of a plum coloured blush on the apples of your cheeks. Do not overdo it, just a tiny little hint of it will do!
Then take the same plum blush or a greyish brown bronzer and contour your cheek bones (I mentioned the contouring trick in my last Halloween Look Tutorial, go ahead and check on that if you don't know how to contour your face). 
I've done the mentioned steps on Alice. It's really just a little detail that'll bring a little more dimension to your face.

STEP 2 - THE EYES

If you need to, then go ahead and define your eye brows first.

Moving on to the eye shadows:
First take a greyish dark blue eye shadow and basically dust on this shade onto your entire eye lid, as well as half way intp your lower lash line and all the way along the inner corners of your eyes. I recommend to use your finger instead of a eye shadow brush for this step. Hence keeping the edges looking a little uneven. 
We basically want to make our doll look dead! Which is why we're creating sleep-deprived, bruised eyes.
(Okay I know a doll is not supposed to be alive...but right now we're thinking in Halloween terms, haha)



Now take either the plum blush you used on your cheeks earlier or a separate plum eye shadow. You want to apply this shade on the inner half of your lower lash line
Just the way I did on Alice.
Notice how this adds on to the bruised, sleep-deprived look?

An optional step: 
Take a silverish white eye shadow and define your brow bones, as well as the inner coners of your eyes. This will just bring in a little more highlight to your eyes.









Okay, now it's time to add on some more darkness to your eyes: Take a black or dark grey eye shadow and define the outer rim of your eyes.
See how the eyes look way more intense now?
This is going to make your scary stare way better at the end!

Also take a white coal eye liner and line your lower water line with that. Alice has a white water line already.
This will open up your eyes more. Thus making your eye balls look bigger. Again this will intensify your stare!









Now we're done with the eye shadows:
Time for the spider legs!
Basically we want to make it look as if a spider is crawling out of your eyes. Instead of adding on lashes, I wanted to go a little crazier with these spider legs.
Of course, you're free to add on as many "legs" or spikes as you want to.
Just take a black coal eye liner and draw them on!

Our eyes are done! Let's move on to the lips!










STEP 3 - THE LIPS

Dolls usually have very small mouths with thin but very defined lips.
Take your concealer and "erase" your actual lips. Then take a black coal eyeliner or a black lip liner (if you own one) and fill in your entire upper lip. As for the bottom lip we want to achieve a smaller round shape. Kind of what I did on Alice.
I chose to go with black lips to stick with the dark gothic theme of my doll, but you are, of course, free to use other shades (e.g. plum, dark reds).









To make the doll look more mechanic and toy-like we're going to add two black stripes coming from the corners of your mouth all the way down to your chin. Use the same black liner you used for your lips.
To make it look a little more 3-dimensional use a grey eye shadow and run it along the inner sides of the 2 stripes we just created. 

That's it! Your doll look is completed!











HAIR AND COSTUME

This is what I did with my hair: I have relatively short hair, which is why I went ahead and curled them. I think curly hair looks cute which matches the image of a normally cute doll. If you have long hair you could as well curl your hair or just leave it all straight. 
I would add a cute hair accessory to complete the look. Take a bow or, like in my case, a headband, and put it on.

As for the outfit: Everything that looks cute will do the job! I'd recommend a sweet little dress or skirt which has girly detailing on it like ruching, lace, ribbons etc.
To make the doll look more Halloween appropriate stick with dark colours. Also you could go for pieces with cut outs or parts that are teared up. I, for instance, wore black leggings with cut outs and a DIY ragged bolero.



Hope you liked this look! If you try it out, I'd love to see your versions.
HAPPY UPCOMING HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

  1. With havin so much content and articles do you ever run
    into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement?
    My website has a lot of unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any ways to help stop content from being stolen? I'd really appreciate it.


    Here is my weblog: Michael Kors Outlet

    ReplyDelete