Wednesday, October 3, 2012

[Product Review] Favorite Lip Colors


"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." - Elizabeth Taylor


~ Hel ~

Today I am going to give you a review of some of my all time favorite lip colors that I frequently use for university or while going out. Honestly I'm starting to have quite an obsession with lipsticks! As for now I own more than 10 lipsticks from both drugstore brands like L´oreal Paris, Revlon and Maybelline New York and high-end lines such as Chanel, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent and Guerlain. I'm sure my collection will be growing bigger and I will keep you guys updated on that.

Top 7 Lip Colors

As you can see above I have swatched my personally  Top 7 color shades on my arm under light. 

Here is an overview of the lipsticks:
1. YSL Rouge Pur Couture in #7 Le Fuchsia
2. YSL Rouge Volupté in #11 Rose Culte
3. YSL Volupté Sheer Candy in #4 Grenade Suave
4. Dior Addict  Lipcolor in #959 Rouge Sex-Appeal Red Desire
5. Revlon Lipbutter in #075 Lollipop
6. Revlon Lipbutter in #090 Sweet Tart
7. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in #62 Monte-Carlo



YSL Rouge Pur Couture in #7 Le Fuchsia
This YSL Rouge Pure Couture lipstick in #7 is a long lasting fuchsia-pink. The pigmentation is actually incredible and it does not contain any shimmer particles. When I apply this onto my lips the color really stands out. Generally the color lasts for at least 3 hours if you don´t eat and drink. But I have to say that compared to other lipsticks that I own YSL´s Le Fuchsia is not moisturizing at all. Without applying lipbalm beforhand your lips will be drying out a little bit. But still I love this vivid bright and stunning color. 
The packaging is almost entirely golden and has a red YSL label on it. An extravagant packaging that gives you a lovely feeling of luxury. However you should mind that keeping the lipstick in your purse or make up bag together with other (sharp-edged) items will cause visible scratches on the packaging. 



YSL Rouge Volupté in #11 Rose Culte
If you seek attention than this YSL Rouge Volupté in #11 is the right one for you. An highly pigmented hot pink shade without glitter which is slightly darker than the YSL Rouge Pure Couture lipstick in #7. Because of its intensive pigmentation I prefer to dapple the color onto my lips and then blend it with my fingers. This bright pink shade also helps brightening up my face. After applying it lasted for about 3 to 4 hours. Furthermore the texture is creamy and has a silky formula. 
Also outstanding is the gold packaging with an integrated mirror. The middle section of this luxury item shows the lipstick´s color shade and an engraved logo of YSL.



YSL Volupté Sheer Candy in #4 Grenade Suave

The next lipstick that I am going to introduce is the YSL Volupté Sheer Candy in #4 which is also known as Grenade Suave. Honestly this lippie is not like any other lipsticks out there. Because of the soft and sheer texture it gives you a silky finish. I would say it is comparable with a glossy balm. 
There is nothing I have to complain about. The cute bright color shade is not that pigmented once you put it on so you don't have to be afraid of the color turning out too bright on your lips. I would say that it gives you a transparent pink, glossy clear finish. Because of the mango-like smell I really enjoy this lipstick. 
Though the packaging does not have a mirror you can use the lid instead. 


Dior Addict  Lipcolor in #959 Rouge Sex-Appeal Red Desire
Dior Addict Lipcolor in #959 is a great lipstick in intensive red. The shining color gives you a sophisticated and seductive look. I use to wear this color if I go clubbing at night or have some cocktails with friends. The sheer and wet-look texture does not last as long as it should be. But still the feeling of this product on my lips is definitely comfortable as it does not dry out my lips. Literally a Dior high glossing lipstick that makes me feel addicted to it. 
With its elegant black cover this is a must have item on every sophisticated party. 



 Revlon Lipbutter in #075 Lollipop

Revlon Lipbutters are a mix of lipbalms and lipsticks - the latest trend described on every blog. This buttery balm with a hydrating shiny color to it helps you to get soft and healthy lips. Lollipop is a strong pink color similar to Le Fuchsia of YSL. After applying this creamy lipbutter I felt that my lips got smoother and instantly hydrated. Similar to the Dior Addict lipstick the color is not that longlasting. 
The packaging is made of transparent colored plastic and appears rather cheap in comparison to my previously reviewed lipsticks.


Revlon Lipbutter in #090 Sweet Tart

Another Lipbutter that I really adore is a mid toned bright pink with a glossy finish called Sweet Tart. Currently I prefer to wear this color for a natural and easy going look in the morning because of its medium covering. Such a super sweet and charming color - just like bubblegum!

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in #62 Monte-Carlo

One of Chanel´s highly recommended lipsticks! It comes in a black metal case with gold rim and a white Chanel logo. The lipstick has a light rose scent to it and is a rather bright swarm red. It contains glitter particles and leaves a strong shimmer on the lips. The Rouge Coco Shine in #62 is pigmented enough to cover my rather dark lips. The smooth texture allows you to apply it easilly. With a lasting time of 2 hours (on me) I am a little disappointed. But still I find that this color is just perfect for the colder seasons.


All in all most of my lipsticks are very colorful because I don´t often wear full-makeup. So I only define my lips in order to brighten up my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment