Saturday, November 17, 2012

[Tutorial] Mary's Daily Makeup Look


A very natural, yet polished look for every day.
If you want to learn how to create this simple look are if you simply happen to be curious about my everyday makeup look, then read on after the jump!


~ Mary ~




What you see here is basically all I use for my everyday makeup. As you can see
I don't really use high-end products. Especially if it's for my everyday look. In my opinion
you really don't need to spend a whole lot of money on cosmetics as long as you find yourselves drugstore products with decent quality and a great performance
As you will be using these items almost everyday, they will be used up after a certain time span and consequently you'll be repurchasing them. Considering this with high-end products and you would have to regularly come up with a large budget (which not every common student has!). See, and this is why I recommend drugstore products!

Depending on how lazy I am on that day, I might skip on some of those products.
But for demonstration I will show you how to do the whole look ;) !
(Note: This time around I send my makeup model "Alice" on vacation since the
look is a very simple one, you guys will be getting the gist of it without further demonstration!)


STEP 1 - THE FACE


I start off by applying a concealer on needed spots like blemishes and dark circles. 
The concealer I use is one of Maybelline's Fit Me line.
Luckily my face happens to be (most of the time) free of pimples, break outs, hyper pigmentation and all those unwanted things that can go on in your face. That is why I sometimes skip concealer and move on to foundation right away. 

As for my foundation I use a Korean brand BBCreme. 
The Skin79 Super BBCreme Triple Function, Pink Version

If you're not familiar with BBcremes yet, I'll give you a short definition now: 
BB stands for Blemish Balm. In some ways BBcremes are similar to tinted moisterizers. However they are better than that for several reasons. They contain properties that are said to prevent wrinkles, whiten your skin and help heal blemishes. That is largely because of the SPF factors they have which protects your skin from harmful UV rays. BBcremes are hugely popular in Korea, although they were originally invented in Germany. Now however they've literally come back to their origin, which is why all the makeup brands came up with their own BBcreme.
But you will have to note that BBcremes only provide you with sheer to medium coverage. They are by no means full cover foundations. For me a sheer/medium coverage is more than enough. All I need is to even out my complexion with the BBCreme.

To set it all nicely, I use a loose powder. The one I use is from a German drugstore brand named Catrice.


After my foundation is done, I move on to contour and blush.
As for contouring my cheek bones I use the Perfecting Matte Powder by Esprit in the shade 400 Alluring Gold.
This isn't originally a bronzer. Actually it's a mineral setting powder that is a few shades to dark for me. As a bronzer however it works just fine on me. So this is a tip I give out to you: If you happen to have some sort of face powder that happens to be too dark, just use it as a bronzer!

As for my blush I use the Defining Blush by Catrice in the shade 030 Love&Peach.
It's a gorgeous peach/coral shade that gives you a youthful vibrant glow on the cheeks. This blush is pretty pigmented and with that vibrant shade I really only need a hint of this on the apples of my cheeks.


STEP 2 - THE EYES

for a review on this palette, check out the article I wrote on it last month

For my eyes I use the Urban Decay Naked Palette. With all those wonderful neutral shades, this palette works so well for everyday looks.
Normally I don't use any eye shadow primers beforehand because these eye shadows really stay on well on bare skin. But for a longer wear the Urban Decay Primer Potion is really useful.

What I do to create my on-the-go eye makeup is as follows:

- I take shade #3 (Naked) to nude out my whole eye lid. All I do is take a big fluffy eye shadow brush and sweep that shade onto the whole lid. That just serves me as a base. The shade also works super well as contour shade.

- Next I take shade #4 (Buck) and bring that into my lower lash line with a small flatt eye shadow brush. What that does is simply balancing out my eye makeup. Tip: Leaving your lower lash line bare will sometimes close up your eyes making them appear smaller than normal. A warm brown tone on your lower lash line serves perfectly as a balancing shade.

- Then I take a tipped dense eye shadow brush and go into shade #5 (Smog). I bring this shade onto my outer V-area and into the eye crease blending it into the base shade #3 I used at the very beginning. What I have then is a very basic smokey eye.

- Lastly with my pinky finger I take shade #2 (Sin) and run it along the inner corners of my eyes in order to bring more light into my eyes.

- Occasionally I use shade #1 (Virgin) as a highlighter that goes on the bridge of my nose and my cupid's bow

- As you can see, I do neither curl my lashes (also they point straight down) nor apply any mascara. It's just a personal preference (or my laziness haha). But you are, of course, free to add those steps.
Same goes for my eye brows. When it comes to them I am reaaaaally lazy. Besides that my brows are naturally rather full which does allow me to skip on filling them in.

STEP 3 - THE LIPS


For my everyday makeup I like to keep everything understated and neutral
This is why I choose to use Revlon's Lip Butter in the shade 095 Crème Brulée.
This is a lipstick that feels like a lip balm and gives you a sheer, shiny, nude look. 

And....THAT'S IT ;)
Here's the result:


Nothing great, very simple, very settle and yet it does make a difference
because you can never go wrong with a natural polished makeup look!
Am I right? ;)

How does your everyday makeup look like? Do you prefer the soft, natural look over the bold, edgy look like me? Feel free to let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment