Thursday, November 29, 2012

[Sketch On The Go] Trendy On A Rainy Day


Helloooo guys! And welcome to a new section of our blog: Sketch On The Go!
You know that one of my hobbies is to draw. And from now on I'm going to take advantage of that in order to bring you some on-the-go fashion inspirations
Be it in university, on the street, during shopping tours, at the bus stop or wherever - sometimes you just see someone walking by with an extraordinary fashion sense. Why not take a pencil in your next break time and sketch his/her outstanding outfit?

Today's topic: "Trendy on a rainy day"!


~ Mary ~




I'm not going to spoil your expectations, so I'm telling you beforehand that you won't be seeing super professional fashion designer-like sketches. Although I did study some fashion design during high school days, I'm not a professional. So you gotta work with what you get ;)
And what you get will be some rough outlines that I drew in no more than 3 minutes (in a bus, between lectures...) just enough for you to get the gist!

With that being said, here is the 1st outfit:


"Oh my god, how pretty!" ,is what I thought when I saw this girl standing at the bus stop next to me. I know I was being a little rude, but I couldn't help snatching glances at her outfit. 
On rainy days people normally don't feel like dressing up. Because the weather is all wet and cold you'd prefer to dress more practical and protect yourselves from the rain instead of going all out and rock your prettiest outfit. Do you guys agree?
However THIS girl went all the way with her chic ensemble! She looked as if she came right out of a old French romance drama! Sassy and elegant with her cute coat and the all black & burgundy red pairing! Even her make-up and her hairdo matched that preppy theme. 
And what really caught my eyes were her kill plateau heels! The rainy weather made those outstanding heels look even more shiny and glamourous.



This girl was pretty much the opposite of the girl at the bus stop. No French-style drama queen but a timelessly sophisticated young lady.
She kept her outfit in black, white and brown. Carrying a huge see-through umbrella with long, white gloves on. Her long coat with the pointy shoulders went very well with her soft, blond braided hair.
Key point of her outfit were the white knee-high boots. They also had a very unique rim. 
Not everybody can rock white boots - and on rainy days it's even more difficult to sport them. 
Props for this young lady to go all out and flaunt her clean & chic white boots with an overall casual yet elegant outfit!



That girl made me go "Uuuuuuh, patchwork-outfit?!" and then at a second glance "Hmmm, does look pretty, kinda...."
What will catch your eyes at first sight will be her fire-red purse, her fire-red tights and her fire-red shirt that peeks through the coat. Your eyes are literally caught on fire at the sight of so much bright red in one outfit! XD
But (after your eyes have cooled down) you'll see the unique detailing on her coat. To me it looked like a DIY (do it yourself) project. The black coat had roses on a green twig made out of felt attached to it. The rose string went from the coat's right pocket all the way behind her neck and ended on the left chest side. Definitely not everyone's taste. Still, who says that something you don't necessarily like can't look good on someone else
I ended up admitting that she looked pretty good in her unique ensemble :)



Weeeelll, what do my sketches and observations tell you?
 Even on a rainy day you can feel confident enough to rock your very own unique, stylish, pretty outfit - and who knows, maybe you'll be the next fashionista that catches my attention! ^-^


No comments:

Post a Comment